> I'm using Fltk 1.3
>
> In an Fl_Value_Input I can manually input a hex value by prefixing it
> with 0x, but I can't figure out how to put a value in programmatically
> and have it show it in hex.  Is there a way to do this?

Well... yes, but probably not as easy as you'd want...

You can derive your own widget from Fl_Value_Input then override the format()
method to do what you want.

Or... just not bother with Fl_Value_Input, just use a text-only widget (e.g.
Fl_Input) then in the callback function do the formatting and decoding the way
you like it...

I think I've done both of the above at various times in the past, and didn't
much care for either approach!