Say you've got a base entity EntityBase<TEntity, TId> which has
properties you don't want to map. You'd have to ignore those
properties on every subclass (every TEntity). If ITypeConvention
allowed access to the automap you could call IgnoreProperty on all
types whose base type can be cast to EntityBase<,>. I've been trying
to figure out ways to do it using ForTypesThatDeriveFrom with no luck
since you can't use an open generic type as a type parameter to a
method.

I tried creating an overload of ForTypesThatDerive from that takes a
type instead of having a generic type parameter. I got the overload to
work with all the automapping tests but when I use it with an open
generic type it fails at runtime since Activator.CreateInstance can
instantiate a type with unsatisfied generic type paremters. I'm now
officially stumped and would appreciate some insight.

Thanks,