Actually, thinking about 1. some more, I think it depends on your design as
to whether any changes would be needed. Could you give me an example of how
you hoped to use it?
Mappings takes a lambda that gets applied to a MappingConfiguration
instance, you can use multiple lambdas and they'll all get applied to the
same instance. So if you had a class with a public method with a single
MappingConfiguration parameter, that could be used in place of the lambda,
making this quite easy to automate. Just thinking out loud. I'm curious to
hear why the current design wouldn't work for you.