From: fluent-nhibernate@googlegroups.com
[mailto:fluent-nhibern...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Martin
Sent: 02 April 2009 10:10
To: Fluent NHibernate
Subject: [fluent-nhib] Multiple Inheritance strategies in the same

James,

I have come a cropper with inheritance auto mapping in my project.
I have the following hierarchy:

BaseEntity

ConcreteSuperClass

ConcreteSubClass

I need ConcreteSubClass to map to its own table. I do not want any
form of subclass joined subclass or union. But if I set
ConcreteSuperClass as a base type it will not get mapped to its own
table.

How would you feel about having another AutoMappingExpression
IsConcreteBaseType.

The following logic would then be followed:
1. No change in AutoPersistenceModel, ConcreteSuperClass should be
automapped like any other entity
2. In the AutoMapper do not add any joinedSubclasses if
IsConcreteBaseType

Thoughts?
I will be patching my working copy to include this in any event, do
you want me to submit as an issue?

Martin