At the moment I'm using fluent mapping (rather than auto mapping) due to a
bunch of legacy tables in my schema.

However, I've now got a scenario where I need to map a bunch of classes in
an table-per-hierarchy inheritance (with a discriminator column) and ideally
I'd like to auto-map these.

Is there any way to define the base object (ie "Person") via fluent mapping,
but all the inheritance types (ie "Manager") via auto mapping? I've tried
this, but Fluent doesn't seem to be able to merge these two mappings. It
seems to pick up the base object twice - once from the auto mapping (it's
not included in the areas it searches, but is included because they inherit
from it) and once from the fluent mapping.

Any ideas?

Thanks

James