In this hypothetical example, if there was a common base class for the
project, it would have been Ignored but there would still be further
inheritance among actual domain entities.

Class A, which is inherited by Class B - is there any way to instruct
the automapper that I want these mapped to completely separate tables
with columns in table B for properties defined in Class A and no joins
necessary to completely fetch a Class B (realizing full well this
doesn't support the full range of functionality, polymorphic fetches,
for example).

This was mostly idle curiosity on my part, as I'm trying to get back
up to speed on the past years worth of developments in various open
source projects and trying to compare/contrast what I did before (for
pure learning/experimenting projects) with what I'm seeing now, and
I'm fairly

Unfortunately, I'm struggling to come up with a non abstract example
that would actually make sense, and I'm starting to feel like I'm
squandering your time on something that really isn't all that
important. If I can think of a valid example, I'll come back to the
list with it.