Hudson, the problem with that is that ideally I don't want to have to
add "YourProperty" to my entity. Sort of like the Reveal.Property<T>()
method, but without the property having to exist at all.

Having looked at the source now I think what I want might not
currently be possible in Fluent NH.

I also tried mixing in the hbm (1st time I've tried mixing). but it
seems you can't mix hbm and fluent for a single entity, so I'd have to
change the whole mapping to hbm for the entity.

So at the moment I'm thinking that I just put in some protected
properties that specify the default legacy values to use.