I think I need to know exactly what you're trying to do, and why. Is it
symptomatic of a larger problem? aka are you trying to change the collection
type because FNH isn't smart enough to auto-detect it?

This is a significant change, and even though I've done the legwork to get
the backend to support it (which is long overdue anyway), exposing it
through the conventions throws up a whole host of other issues (if you're
changing from bag to set wholesale, where do you specify the index columns
and such, etc...).

If you could tell us exactly what you're trying to do, that'd really help me
focus on that particular issue for 1.2 and then I can deal with the larger
problem in whatever comes after 1.2.