The two stack traces show that the first is running through the automapper,
and the second just a regular persistencemodel. I can't remember this part
off the top of my head, but it does sound like it's intentional.

It's quite difficult to give you any more help without either seeing how
you're adding the mappings, or getting my hands on a reproduction. FNH
*should* prevent duplicates from being added to NH, but there's obviously a
hole in that defense; if you're seeing the same assembly in ScannedSources
multiple times, then it sounds like you're adding it twice (or we've got a
bug!). Again, hard to tell which without actually seeing something, I'm
afraid.