Changing the line

HasMany(x =>
x.GetAssets()).Access.
CamelCaseField(Prefix.Underscore).ReadOnly().AsBag();

HasMany(x => x.GetAssets()).ReadOnly().AsBag();

Gives me this error:

System.ArgumentException : Not a member access
Parameter name: expression

@James Gregory Exporting the xml created from HasMany(x =>
x.GetAssets()).Access.
CamelCaseField(Prefix.Underscore).ReadOnly().AsBag();

is

 <bag access="field.camelcase-underscore" inverse="true" name="*_assets*"
mutable="false">
      <key>
        <column name="Gift_id" />
      </key>
      <one-to-many class="BlogSamples.Core.Domain.Asset, BlogSamples.Core,
Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
    </bag>

I think NHibernate itself adds prepends the extra underscore on so:
_assets becomes __assets

whereas I think the correct hbm output would be

 <bag access="field.camelcase-underscore" inverse="true" name="*assets*"
mutable="false">

which NHibernate would interpret as _assets

I maybe though