On Oct 11, 2009, at 12:11 AM, j...@resonance.org wrote:

Its called the MIDI Tuning Standard. There are 2 different forms of it. The older one doesn't properly support tuning bank #s. They created a second revision of it to fix that oversight and provide some additional things (such as octave tunings). There are some tools, such as Scala, which can be used to generate tunings. Its a pretty complex program. I was able to export a MIDI file containing a MIDI Tuning Standard (MTS) dump, which I successfully loaded with FluidSynth.

http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/

Josh

So, would it be possible to load *.scl Scala files directly into fluidsynth and then export *.syx sysex files ?

BTW, check out <http://www.mail-archive.com:80/fluid-dev@nongnu.org/msg01115.html >