Hi,
am trying to use soundfonts for a supercollider sampler that friends are
working on.

It would be enormously helpful if you could give feedback on my train of
thought below
regarding whether and how this could be achieved with fluidsynth. As I am new
soundfonts, my approach may be rather naive.

The current idea is to create each sample file by passing fluidsynth a one note
.mid file,
outputting the raw wave data to file and then converting to .wav with sox.

The sampler is not very complicated, it essentially applies an ADSR envelope
to the samples. So as long as I can pry those four phases apart within
every .wav file I get from fluidsynth (i.e. find the offset in frames into the
.wav
for beginning and end of each phase), it is likely going get the job done or at
least be
reasonably close to what they need.

I looked at the pysf (http://code.google.com/p/pysf/) utility and its output
lists either
start times or durations for every envelope, which leads me to conclude (hope?)
that the .sf2
format actually specifies envelope length and that these would be the
parameters I need
(because my friends want to vary them).

So, is there a way of figuring out what frames within a one note .wav sample
that is produced
by fluidsynth demarcate the starting and end points of the phases of an ADSR
envelope?
How would one go about it?

Thanks for your consideration.

Best,