David:

I finally succeeded in building FluidSynth under Ubuntu Linux 11.10, and
installed it.

The version 1.1.3. works fine on Ubuntu 11.10,  Even on a 933 megahertz
machine.  The sequence that fails to play on version 1.1.4, plays all
the way through, even using JACK.  Admittedly, there were a fair number
of under-runs, but the release level has so many under-runs that it
stops, and various voices keep dropping out for measures at a time.

This was played with the polyphony configured at 64 (which has been for
me, a good way of reducing overhead).  None of the voices cut out at all
using FluidSynth 1.1.3.

By building these Debian packages, it gives me a work-around for using
Ubuntu 11.10, but I am concerned with the future direction of
FluidSynth, which is unusable in its present released form.  It won't
even play the demo-music any more, and I can't recommend it.

If it would be helpful, I can supply a MIDI file (which can be played
using pmidi) which will demonstrate the problem.  Simple sequences don't
seem to trigger the problem.

Thanks for helping me with this work-around, and please let me know how
I can help in getting the problem solved I reported solved.

Sincerely,

Aere Greenway

--

Sincerely,