Hi,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM, James Ong <yanlile...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder what are the best approach to implement the countdown of 8
> beats drum before the MIDI song begin to play
> through Fluidsynth? Is it possible to integrated Metronome into FluidSynth?

Yes, you can write a metronome based on FluidSynth:
http://fluidsynth.sourceforge.net/api/fluidsynth__metronome.c-example.html

But I always prefer to insert the countdown beats in a separated track, but
inside the MIDI file. You can keep two versions of each song file, one with
a countdown and another without it. The right countdown structure depends
on many factors: the song's initial tempo, rhythm type, personal taste,
piece starting with an anacrusis, etc...

Regards,
Pedro