David:

Please do  make a bug-fix release, so this problem is at least fixed in
Ubuntu 12.10.

Also, if you do this, will it also fix qsynth?  The qsynth package is
what I actually installed - I do not use fluidsynth directly.

Fixing it in 12.10 will still be useful to me, since I am recommending
Lubuntu for people with less capable machines, and for Lubuntu, 12.04 is
not a LTS release.

I will initiate the bug-reporting process, but I have to do it on a
machine that does not yet have the patch (only one of my partitions of
one of my machines is still in the crippled state - it's Ubuntu (Unity
Desktop)).

 I assume I need to do it on such a machine, since information on
installed components is gathered.  Also, I'll have to report it for
qsynth rather than fluidsynth, since that is what I have installed.  So
the command for reporting the bug will be:

ubuntu-bug qsynth

Thanks,
 Aere

--