Corbin:

If you play a MIDI file that is sufficiently complex  to max-out the
polyphony parameter, fluidsynth gets in a 'bad state' where new notes
are either dropped (don't play at all), or play for only a short instant
(less than half a second).

This happens on the version of fluidsynth released with ubuntu 12.04.
This problem was also in ubuntu 11.10.

Perhaps this is a manifestation of the problem I reported, or perhaps it
is something else.

- Aere

--

Sincerely,