David:

In this particular case, I first ran the test using your Ubuntu 11.10
PPA (which I repackaged for 12.04), though I thought I was testing the
new fluidsynth.  I happened to notice during that testing that the
RT-percentage stayed around 20% while testing.

When I later did the "sudo ldconfig", I ran the same test (on the new
fluidsynth), and noticed the higher RT-percentage.

So the only thing changed (visible to me) is the fluidsynth library
under test.  That being said, the components checking for updates could
have been running (though I updated before getting and building
fluidsynth).

- Aere

--

Sincerely,