On 2014-09-02 10:24, Peter Billam wrote:
Greetings.

fluidsynth.lua is now at 1.6:
    http://www.pjb.com.au/comp/lua/fluidsynth.html
and
    http://www.pjb.com.au/midi/fluadity.html
now has a  fluadity -d  option, which starts it running
as a daemon eg: from /etc/rc.local.  It's now my
   export ALSA_OUTPUT_PORTS=Fluidity
and should get a good road-test.

I noticed after I call new_fluid_synth and new_fluid_audio_driver
then it starts eating about 7% of my CPU, even though nothing is
being input or output, no midi_player is running, and no SoundFonts
have even been loaded.  I suppose there's a reason for this...

Reverb and chorus engines are constantly running. And then there's all overhead of transferring samples, some of which might be reduced with a larger period size.

// David