Thanks, but shouldn't this be possible using fluidsynth's router?

The fluidsynth API page says you can use the router to "Layer sounds
(Example: for each noteon received on ch 1, create a noteon on ch1, ch2,
ch3,...)". This is exactly what I want to do. For each noteon received on
ch0, I want to create a noteon on ch0 and ch1.

I tried this:

router_clear
router_begin note
router_chan 0 15 0 0
router_chan 0 15 0 1
router_end

But it doesn't work because the second router_chan rule overrides the first
one, so I end up with only one channel playing. I can't get channels 0 and
1 to play simultaneously.

Any ideas?
Srijan