With all the strong opinions being bandied about artist profits and so
forth, is there anyone here who doesn't buy used CD's, especially ones that
are labeled as promo cd's not for sale. I had never really thought about it
before until I picked up a used Vic Chesnutt CD yesterday, trading in some
stuff, most of which was also bought used. I mean, neither Vic Chesnutt nor
Capitol records are seeing any profits from this transaction. The CD was a
radio station promo, stamped that it is not for sale and can be recalled by
the record company at any time, they didn't even see a profit from it being
sold the first time around.

The practice of reselling promo CD's is blatantly illegal, but in the US
anyway, the Used CD business is huge and expanding.

I remember Garth Brooks tried unsuccessfully to block stores from selling
used copies of his CD's, using similar arguments as presented in the MP3
debates.

So is there anyone here who refuses to buy used CD's? Myke?

Curious,
Alex