> Nobody can sell your works against your will, play it in the radio
> etc. Musicians have never had control over private copying.

The point is that if people are going to routinely rip music from
CDs and distribute them via the internet or other means to their
friends and associates then at some point there won't be any sales
of legitimate product because there won't be a need to buy it.

I know several people with huge MP3 collections on their computers.
They like to brag about having them.  I don't want my music to end
up in their collections without some form of recompense.  They haven't
supplied the artists involved with any form of support whatsoever
and therein lies the rub.  MP3 versions of just about everything
are available now.  I want nothing to do with it.

I come from a Commodore computing background and it always appalled
me when I learned of how many cracked games there were floating around.
Now people have C64 emulators on their PCs and use that as an excuse
for their behaviour.  You have to crack the games to get them to work
on the PC because there are no Commodore-formatted 5.25" floppy drives
from which to boot them.  I say use a real Commodore or leave it alone.
I have legally purchased all of my Commodore software.  When I would buy
a used system which came with a buttload of cracked games, I wouldn't
destroy the disks, but I also never allowed anyone else to obtain
copies of them from my collection.

Myke