*"Forer elephant" is scary, sounds like cart before the horse. White
elephant, stylishly outmoded: though perhaps that was one of my other
reasons for picking this unknown animal. Also I once carved an Ivory
soap elephant for my godmother, the first 'sculpture' I ever gave
away to anyone. It was in her bathroom cabinet for ages. I haven't
seen it for a while though and must ask why her hand appears so clean.