I called for no violence directed at you; I asked you to imagine such an event, as
you seemed perhaps deficient in empathy.

If you didn't see the post in question it may be difficult for you to speak of it
accurately. It was very similar to an obscene phone call (which is not a prank
phone call--your equating the two was the reason for me to share my
experience--which was not a rape, but a battle.)

You have been offended by my recounting of a story that occurred in my own life.
You offend as easily, then, as anyone. This recounting was meant to bring home to
whoever read it the fact that obscenity as threat reads differently to people who
live under that threat every day than it does to people who do not live under that
threat. That is all it is meant to do. It's no accusation. Re-read it, and I think
you'll see that.

Events are real; they have consequences. One's reaction to any meaningful
construction is colored by the events one habitually experiences. This is the
relation of art and life.

Kathy Acker's treatments of obscenity might interest you; they hold more interest
for me than the rather stale patriarchal guilt/desire of, say, Miller.