Dear Devon:

        nunquam just arrived!--damn! some righteous
        vocabulaire there!

        the french writer Blaise Cendrars (whose works I'd highly
recommend--) wrote a number of his novels by getting books of specialized
vocabularies--that used by the maritime industries for example, or the
postal services--and essaying to make use of at least five hundred words
of his choosing from them, so that the story would be formed in a sense as
a pearl around grit in an oyster . . .

        well, we'll see what pearls, or spitballs, we come up with these
words!

        old Lawrence certainly loved the sensuality of sounds in
words--each one you chose from him is a kind of concentrated word fruit, a
pomegranite filed with seeds of sounds, pairings of vowels and consonants
making interior rhymes as visual forms and as sounds, or silences--

        thanks again--

        onwo/ards!

        --dave baptiste