this book from Granary arrived on my doorstep today --- Footnotes: collage
journal 30 years

Patricia -- it fits in so well to the idea of the time pieces!   torn from
5x7 notebooks and taped onto a larger page, the tape itself now "highlighted"
one way or the other as arranged, "an artistic artifice as well as an homage
to Diter Rot and his SEP book 246 Little Clouds"           everyother page
has one of these notebook pages, with facing page/text of poetic notations,
sometimes quite minimalist or sounding like mini scores for performance

the pieces have the quick at-the-scene feel of Dave Baptiste Chirot's pages
for the fluxlist timepiece, giving the sense that almost you are watching
thoughts/impressions as they appear blur and disappear, ideas nearly wiggling
as they become visual in pencilled scribbles, mind in action

introduction by JRothenberg is good, ending with AK quote "It is important to
remember that we are free to make art and poetry out of anything: a loaf of
bread, some beans, a hasty jotting on the train."

I ordered the Footnotes not having seen a page, just so hopeful that it'd
touch my obsessions with calendars/days/collage/found poetry ---- and I love
it.   I'm sorry I can't do a more appropriately articulate review   ----- now
I have to go spend some time with this book!

NBB