I am on the Board of Side  Street Projects, which is a wonderful non-profit
organization created by artists for artists and those interested in
creative projects dealing with networking artists.

If you can help in this marvelous way to help the cause, please respond.  I
urge you to help--and your contributions will aid so much in making our
move and our new digs inviting to all who come to Los Angeles and beyond.

                                 MIRACLE ON MAIN STREET
                             HOLIDAY PARTY AND FUNDRAISER

A MIRACLE HAS OCCURRED. Side Street Projects has moved downtown from Santa
Monica to 4th and Main Street. We are inviting you to participate in our 8th
annual "Miracle on Main Street" fundraiser to make an ‘ornament’ (we define
ornament very loosely) to donate for sale at our holiday party. All ornaments
will be sold for $20, regardless of the notoriety of the artist. If you would
like to make more than one ornament, you will receive 50% of the purchase
price in return for each additional ornament sold, or you may donate the
proceeds to Side Street Projects. "Ornaments" should not be larger than 6" x
6" x 6". We also invite you to the opening sale and party, always a
miraculous, marvelous event, on December 1st from 6:00 ­ 11:00 p.m.

Side Street Projects (SSP) is a nonprofit arts organization committed to
social interaction across cultural differences and ideas. We welcome thinkers
of the world from across disciplines to challenge existing models. We foster
developmental activities with artists that cross media and definitions of
cultural production to help define art of the future. We are dedicated to
supporting artists in the exhibition and production of their work.

Located in downtown Los Angeles, California, SSP provides and maintains a
fully equipped workshop space where local artists can have their work
fabricated or do the work themselves. The adjacent gallery space is available
for artists' projects and installations. The Workroom is available for rental
by the hour for artists' workshops, lectures or rehearsals. Side Street
Projects is a place where artists really work and provides affordable support
services to the local arts community.

Please contact us via e-mail or snail mail by October 20, 2000, if you will
become a part of our miracle by making an ornament, sending the following
information:
Name:       _________________________________________________________
Address:    _________________________________________________________
Phone:      _________________________________________________________
E-Mail:     _________________________________________________________
Fax:        _________________________________________________________
Ornaments will be due at the gallery on or before November 15th, 2000.

Side Street Projects, 400 S. Main St., Los Angeles, Ca. 90013, (213) 620-8895
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Judith A. Hoffberg                         tel.:       (310)399-1146
Umbrella/Umbrella Editions          fax:       (310)399-5070
P.O. Box 3640
Santa Monica CA 90408
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://colophon.com/journal