> Interestingly Fluxus extols hard work as a means to an end. Maciunas
> considered work important to fund the art projects carried out in one's
> "leisure time".
>
> cheers,
> Sol.

Very true Sol. (and thanks for the additional resources) But then the art
itself wasn't considered "work".
Besides, how much did Maciunas really represent what every Fluxus artist
felt and practiced?
It's an interesting problem. Can art be only play if we need to make a
living? Do we live on the backs of those who do "work"? As a buddhist, I've
asked this about buddhist practice as well. When monks and nuns rely on lay
people to survive, do they ensure that not all people access an enlightened
path?

But A._S.L.O.T.H. is trying to resist in some way the whole work/play
dualism. It isn't proposing inactivity.

I probably shouldn't post the entire A._S.L.O.T.H. text. It's quite long,
but I can send it directly to whoever is interested. (As a MS Word
attachment preferably)

Aaron