i am usually preoccupied at this time with the ritual sacrifice
of various Old Skins &
        the performance of the Stations of the Cross
        my hands bloodied with self-inflicted sigmata, my back flayed by
 delieriously pecking crows and my knees filled with pebbles, the joints
jutting forth from torn raw red flesh
etching calligraphies in
the dusts among which i crawl

        before dancing for the emergent Goddess of the New Creation
        and in Pentecostal tongues proaclaiming her Sound & Visual
Poetries

        if i have blood and energy enough left--
        count me in

--dbchirot