Reed wrote:

>There have been some complaints about the volume and frequency of John's
posting his work to FLUXLIST and a faction has given him notice and asked
him to cease and desist. <

Have I missed a post? I saw no complaint on the list.  If this is happening
offlist I would just like to point out that people should not complain in
this way. This list is a democracy and anyone who wishes to complain or make
a point should do so publicly.

As far as I'm concerned I think John's Literary experiments are a welcome
addition to the list and in reading these little pieces it is nice to
consider the simple beauty of these linguistic/structural transformations.

Reed also wrote:

>I would just like to ask the so-called "faction" group to reconsider their
request and to begin a dialogue so that somehow an agreement can be reached
as to how John can continue to participate in FLUXLIST without some feeling
that he is using it to promote his own work only. Also, one must take into
account that poetry is what poets do. Maybe he could post larger
installments less frequently or just cut back to an acceptable volume for
the rest of the list?<

Currently Fluxlist is fairly low traffic. I see no problem in anything John
has posted thus far. May I remind anyone who has approached John offlist
about this (which I presume is the case with this "faction group") that
anyone who is making a serious request to suppress what John chooses to post
to Fluxlist should be making their statements publicly...in extreme
situations the listowner group would moderate on this.

Could I ask that anyone who has said anything to John about this either make
a public statement to the list or ceases bothering him. I don't think anyone
would think John uses Fluxlist to promote his own work, as I understand it
he merely offers altered language for our consideration...John's
contributions are a sharing of creative endeavour which is something that
Fluxus and Fluxlist value very highly indeed.

cheers,

Sol.