Dave & Pedro and all:

Fluxlist is not a poetry site, but "poetry" (that is, playing with language for a variety of reasons/ends) is a part of it as it was/is with much of Fluxus activity.  A listsite is what people make of it and put into it.  I have no problem with changing the name but calling it Fluxlist seems fine, as it's a common point of reference for most people in it.

I don't agree that "concrete poetry has aged the worst"  , tho.  I prefer the broader more inclusive term "visual poetry" (of which concrete poetry is a subtype) and in my experience, visual poetry is an extremely dynamic international activity, and growing livelier every day.  Its history goes way back to the very beginnings of writing, and it is in all cultures with any form of written language.  Much has been written about this.  It was certainly part of Fluxus, however you want to define that movement.  The current period of visual poetry you might say begins back at the beginning of the 20th century with the Russians.  At least the use and social/cultural meaning or place of it as a kind of outside or alternative or avantgarde art begins about then.  The futurists certainly gave it a big boost.  And I would say Bern Porter does visual poetry, tho he may not think of it quite that way (or even care particularly).

The *term* "visual poetry* is fairly recent in general usage; I'm not sure who came up with it first.  I started using it maybe 20 years ago as a general term to include various things like concrete poetry, various kinds of drawn or calligraphic poetry, collage poetry, shaped poems, etc.  Anything in which the visual experience of the text is a major element in the work.  Of course one could say that ALL poetry may be visual in that it includes blank spaces at the ends of lines, which must be perceived visually.  (Tho that can also be perceived as a marker for oral performance)

Some thoughts on the matter...

Onword,
John