[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>In actual practice, however, distinctions between the two
>interpretations amount to precious little. A state of
>affairs (as with most face-offs between interpretations) not
>unlike calling the same food by two different names.

I would agree in general terms but reverse this so that viewed differences
(or named distinctions) amount to everything - if I am to call something
by two different names it becomes two entities, regardless of actual or
perceived similarities or differences - the word makes the world in a way.

What is the difference between Bishops weed and Gout weed?

Owen