The late 70s and early 80s were an especially musical time in my
life.  There were lots of interesting bands and groups around Kent and
Akron, Ohio.  New Wave.  Rockabilly.  Lesbian art bands.  Bands trying to
be the Ramones. Probably my favorite band, however, was an unpretentious
four-man band called "The Hi-Fi's."  They didn't try to be new wave, hip,
arty, or heavy.  They just had some great songs and they made us
dance.  The band's leader and singer/songwriter, Charles Keith, recently
sent me a CD of five songs that they recorded in a basement studio in Akron
in 1981.  I've put these songs up as mp3s at
http://www.nutscape.com/Cyberchuck/Hi-Fi-s/ .  If you like energetic pop
rock, you enjoy these.  Still dancing...