i think it's a rubber tree. the story is related in the book mr. fluxus. i'm pretty sure its those giant trees in front of the building now. there's more than one but I don't know if those are rubber trees. They look like regualr old trees- mind you I don't know what a rubber tree should look like.

sherry
-----Original Message-----
From: mIEKAL aND [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 6:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: Maciunas Tree

what kind of tree is it?

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 12:36 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I know George Maciunas can be a controversial figure on this list, but I
wanted to give you all an update. Many years ago, sometime in the late
sixties I seem to remember. Maciunas planted a tree in front of 80 Wooster in
SoHo, his domicile at the time, . Last weekend I went to see if it was still
there and indeed there is was, healthy and quite large. I'm sure that would
make George happy.

mIEKAL aND
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<www.dreamtimevillage.org> | <www.cla.umn.edu/joglars>