Hi,
our last message was private for Alan, sent from an Internet point in Paris,
were we were for work, trying to download the daily 250
messages from this office account, so it was not directed to the list, it
was my error. We are back today working at office on Sunday night to
download and answer to everybody.

1) Alan, of course when I wrote that I don't have a great consideration of
artists that pay I didn't refer to you! I like your work!
2) What a pity for your project Fried/Frozen, I also misunderstood, I
thought
it was your subversive "action" and rather clandestine in the Biennial of
this year that refers to clandestines... but in the Absolute Generation
project! (another Extra 50 project). I didn't find your space in the
Biennial, I was searching in the wrong place.
3) Note also that NOT ALL projects pay to participate in the Biennial, but
only "Extra 50" projects pay, it is a way to finance the Pavilions, I
suppose, but the other Extra 50 have a good sponsor.
4) And note that in an important context like a Venice Biennial, serious
curators could easy find serious sponsorization, they should not ask the
participants for money .
Anyway to pay or not is a personal decision, forget the Venice gossip.
5) Don't worry, other  foreign artists, who don't know the Italian
situation, fall in the same error : to accept to be included in a wrong
context, where they had nothing in common, with image damage, some are angry
as you are.
6) Problem is not the collaborative division of the exhibition costs but the
consequences: that payment was the ONLY selection criteria of ALL the
Italian artists and of some foreign in Brain Apt.. I have a formal
invitation e-mail letter signed from both curators (who I don't know), were
I am asked to pay 220 euros, if not paying, being excluded.
Now I learn to someone else they were asking 1000 euros or 500 euros! Simply
horrible. Poor artists!

But, don't worry! your project was good, I validate and subscribe my
fried/frozen participation, in the Biennial or not, it doesn't matter.
Caterina