in the email today...

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:05:17 EST
Subject: How artists live database

Do you wash your dishes in the bath tub? Is your bed tucked under the
staircase or in a closet? Do you hide it from your landlord?

We can’t all live in a 2 bedroom apartment. Some of us have to improvise.
What would your mother say if she saw where you live?

I am documenting artist’s weird living arrangements (before we get priced out
to East New York). What is the strangest, most interesting living arrangement
you’ve seen?

If you or someone you know has an unorthodox solution to the urban artist
habitat, I would like to take a picture for a database of compromised but
ingenious living situations.

I hope to collect them into a work similar to the Williamsburg Timeline
Drawing.  Your preference for confidentiality will be protected.

Please contact me soon. It is happening now.

Ward Shelley 427 Manhattan Ave Brooklyn, NY 11222

tel: 718 384-5459, pager: 917 665-0156
http: //wardshelley.thing.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]