Well, I have done this. And it's always works for me.

You just set it alight.
And up it floats.

Dunno why...

XXX

30 to go...

OK, all you savvy people out there -- has anyone heard of, or better yet

*seen* amaretti wrappers (those lovely thin papers wrapped around the
delicious Italian cookie) being set on fire, with the theory that at
some
point in the burning, the bundle of ash rises, and if you can catch it
whole
in your hand you will have good luck, or your wish will be granted, or
some
such positive outcome?

If so, *how* does one accomplish this?! I was given an enormous tin of
said
cookies, and this was mentioned to me, but none of my attempts to
accomplish
this feat were successful. Though I do have some *lovely* amaretti
wrapper
ash....

Perhaps I need to invite several of you over for an amaretti and
espresso
evening of flaming fortune... anyone in the neighborhood?

Melissa
(NH, USA)

                      Melissa McCarthy
              Hours: whimsical or by appointment
          ****>>>Adult, maybe; grown-up, never!<<<****
                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Make your home warm and cozy this winter with tips from MSN House &
Home.