 heart
 screen printing.

Sol -
When I printed with Speedball materials in grad. school, it went as follows:
1.) obtain/create original design & put it on thin white paper or clear acetate.
2.) IN DARKROOM (w/ safelight) squeegee emulsion onto both sides of stretched screen.
allow emulsion to dry.
3.) place design & screen on exposure table. (ultraviolet light table w/ black fabric
cover & vacuum pump to seal it up)
4.) expose screen for 7 to 12 minutes, depending on the opacity of the paper your
design is on. (less time for clear acetate.)
5.) NOW SAFE FOR REGULAR LIGHT. hose down your screen with a power washer on a meduim
setting. this blows out the places where the dark marks of your design blocked the
light & kept it from activating the emulsion. (emulsion stops ink, so where there is
no emulsion - the lines of your design - ink can go through.)
6.)let screen dry, and you're ready to print! lay the screen down on whatever you want
to print onto, glob some ink at one end of the screen, and squeegee it across.
SCHLORP! you have a print!

***NOTE: since you are not printing under the exact conditions that i was printing,
you'll have to find alternatives to, say, the darkroom with safelight, the ultraviolet
vacuum table, and the power washer. I'm sure a Google search on "screen printing at
home" or what have you will help.***

Cheers!
-D.Billy-
6.)

$0 Bannerless Web Hosting, 10 POP and Web Email Accounts, & more
Get It Now At www.doteasy.com