No, MIchigan is "the Wolverine" state.  More on Wolverines at
http://www.wolverinefoundation.org/.  More on Badgers at
http://www.badgers.org.uk/links/.  I think we can all agree that Wolverines are a lot
more interesting and exotic than badgers.  Indian mythology describes the wolverine as
a trickster-hero, and a link to the spirit world.  Perhaps unrelated, or perhaps not,
is the historical fact that Michigan (the trickster Wolverine) in a deal with Ohio
(the Buckeye State whose official animal is the White-Tailed Deer) took the upper part
of Wisconsin ("the Upper Peninsula") away from Wisconsin in exchange for giving Toledo
to Ohio. If you badger someone in Wisconsin about this, they usually just shrug their
shoulders.

Should Fluxlist have an official trickster-hero?