Behind the slipstream of parallel universe....

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Roger Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Chapter Five ­ The Philosopherıs Stoned

Ludwig, the erstwhile butler and badger baiterribleedinglendervish of
Vincent and Cara Van Hire, still wearing his magic asbestos underpants,
awoke with three tarts and asked himself:

"What is the nature of the information that I am gaining? Is my
construction of history becoming detrimental?"

Whereupon he spontenantaliasly blurterupterucusurburped the following
ditty:

"Let Badger be and Wolverine
Escape to one of many oceans
In waterwheels of aquamarine
Let them play in scattered notions
Let them see and let them pray
And drink in corresponding potions
While moon and stars circulate"

"Tea and crumpets anyone," Once said.

Chapter Six ­ Incontinental Drift

Uncle Walt drawled, "There's wild weasels in there, I tells ya. I don't want
to go to the steak house no more!" For nearly 300 years our family have
searched the seven seas and the tallest owl elf snuffed his warps harp. The
badgers, for now there were five, all grabbed the reins of the milkman's
horse, Monarch.

Blarney decided to look within her badger for Turkey basting apparatus. She
had other looks but disparaging was her favourite. There was a sale, you
see. Tucking it under her badger, she moved the entire affair slightly to
the south. Ludwig had fallen onto the milk cart. Monarch looked back with
resignation. This was not the first time that Ludwig had done this and Uncle
Walt suspected that it would also not be the last. Blarney, oblivious to
these goings on, looked ever deeper within his badger. He was having trouble
deciding upon his gender. Such inconsistencies, he often thought, gave
historians a bad name. Meanwhile, back at the farm Sir Monte Garghoul was
bathing his pet kebab, Stanley, in the butler's sink and whistling an old
Hungarian folk ditty through his cracked and yellow stained teeth. Taking
the loofah in his gnarled old aristocratic hands he splashed the milky suds
over the draining board and half the kitchen shouting, "Avast me hearties!
Away the scussocks! Ahahahhh!" Whilst the scullery maid Gladys cowered
beneath the pile of broken plates and old rhubarb stalks under the butler's
Vespa that was half dismantled on the roughly hewn kitchen table.

Yep, there were weasels in them thar hills, no dyspepsia about that. They
musta weaseled their baptuschkas while the rain was not cooking. And now all
mighty and small had to deal with Uncle Walt's carnivorous laments, his
curmudgenlyrumblings, his fittin' and his fartin'. He warblelywailed ;
"Lulu! Can't we have peace for Once?" But Lulu didn't answer. "Lulu!" he
yelled again. No reply. He shook the cravat crazily. No Lulu appeared. Where
was she? She had never deserted a cravat before, he knew.

Chapter Seven ­ Beware the Nomad Slasher, My Son.

At the watering hole, Meg and Later, the lap dog, now fast friends, were
busy sipping distilled nepenthe and making ambrosia in anticipation of
Once's upending arrival: green grain, mushrooms, flour, tangerine,
mini-arsemallows, lemon juice, ketchup, melon, milk, chestnuts, toasted
pineapple and rhubarb. Served on heaping mended platters of tarts, crumpets,
crispy potato peelings, carrots and refried custard.
"I'll just pop to the deli," Later woofed. "I think the mixture needs a
tad more marrow jelly.²
With Later gone, Meg found her mind drifting back to pleasanter days.
A voice jarred her from her wistful meanderings. A shadow fell across placid
cheeks.
"Who are you?" she stuttered and took a step backward from the demonic
figure clutching the potato masher.
"You may call me Lulu," the figure said. But history will know me by a
different name.² She raised the masher menacingly.
"No. no. no."
Lulu chuckled. "I know what you are thinking," she said. "There's never
a wolverine around when you want one.

Just then a bizarre looking creature appeared. Some strange mixture of
badger and wolverine; menacing, yet a cuddly creature. It was holding the
masher and staggering - the sickeningly sweet smell of ambrosia on its
breath. Lulu (who was once known as Granita) screamed, "Put it down put it
down you wadger or bolverine, whatever you are!"

Chapter Eight ­ Meanwhile in a forest clearing somewhere in Nottinghamshore.

Bold Sir Robin of Poxly is prancing about in his green tights to the sound
of some badgers playing lutes and crumhorns. Tra-la-lalla-la-oink! He trips
over a pig and jumps up as if nothing has happened. "Prithee me fine damsel,
what dust thou goest in fine vestments?"
The pig wanders off looking back disdainfully and vanishes into the green
sward. The sound of gay laughter fills the forest as the Merry Men and a fat
friar stumble into the clearing and wave at Robin with their feathery hats
and quivers.
³Canıt carch me,² a tall man with a bright red lunchbox yells.
Robin gives chase with the fat friar in tow until they come to a stream
where townspeople are washing their smalls.
³Well whaddya know,² says the fat friar. ³Now thereıs a site for saw pies.²

Chapter Nine ­ The Throne of Zog

"I'm no Wadger or bolverine or even a madgerine blend of butter and 30%
badger fat," chirruped the odd fellow with the hairy tweeds and the monocle,
"I'm Lord Stringbelchworthy III and I claim the throne of Zog!"
Meanwhile, back in the gooseberry factory, Arthur Negus was examining some
of Auntie Gilbert's 18th century drawers for woodworm and underneath an old
brown copy of the Daily Bugle used as a doily he could read this strange
article about the disappearance of a phykick goat called Harold.

Chapter Ten ­ More Fun With Robin

³I donıt believe it,² the fat friar cries. ³Itıs aŠ itıs a Š²
³Youıre right,² Robin replied. ³A cuckoo!²
"Sing coo coo" sang the Cuckoo, nestled in her ambrosial imbroglio, down by
the fishin hole. It was a beautiful daze and the simple country folk were
doing nothing. A fish jumped up with a splash from the stream and said,
"Beware the nomad slasher!"
"Too Whit Too Whoo" said the anonymous peregrine.
³Well, bugger me,² said Robin.

Chapter Eleven ­ More Revelations.

³This newspaper is rubbish,² Once the badger exclaimed. ³Look at this
wolverine on page three. Whoever dresses like that in this day and age.²
³Is there any more news about Billy Two Ribs?² asked the Baked Potato Man,
who had been lying fallow in a field for a few fathomed falls.
³Thereıs this,² said Once at once.²
³Read it once, Once,² said The BPM.

ASTONISHING REVELATIONS BY OLD BILLY TWO RIBS

In Cheshire today an old goat called Billy Two Ribs was astonishing
villagers at a fete worse than Darth Vadar by his uncanny predictions using
only a crystal ball and a pile of goat manure. He has already predicted
correctly the winner of yesterdayıs first race at Haddock Park and the fall
in price of shares in Hargreaves Fancy Goat Nuggets by 3 grobbits. The owner
of Billy Two Ribs, Farmer Jiles McGrunker said, " EE e arr, be the leeetle
bet ee be I warrant!" Which made no sense to anybody. Billy Two Ribs, beinf
the more articulate of the pair just sighed deeply and chewing an old
scandal said, " I believe what my master is trying to say is - you'll be
advised to heed my words or else I'll not be responsible for the future."
But the future was just about to take a nasty turn.

Chapter Twelve ­ Ludwig Takes a Ride

Ludwig grabbed Monarchıs reins and issued forth a friendly gee up. While the
badgers chatted about their near minx experience Ludwig checked his
Zonograph detector, a brown stick with a tapioca and griddle extension,