On Jan 5, 2006, at 11:23 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

mIEKAL,
it reminds me of what happened a few years ago...
A man died in the 911 attacks on the twin towers (a cop or fire fighter). His son (an extreme liberal) was asked to be on the Bill O'Reilly show ( a conservative talk show). So his son studied tapes of previous shows to figure out O'Rielly's strategy ... like the things he would say before cutting someone off and manipulating what they said and the way he delivered comments, as well as the amount of time he would let someone respond for. With all his studies he agreed to be on the show. He had worked out everything he would say and even timed how long it would take to say certain things. The show was a hit, O'reilly got all worked up and the son really upset him and took away his control until bill finally had to cut to a comercial and kick him out of the studio. The best part is that it was live and the son still got all of his liberal views out on the most conservative talk show on tv.

study the show hard and you'll know what to do.

the opportunity exists to do something extremely fun on national tv perhaps an opportunity not likely to fall into ones lap twice?

Yes, the Jeremy Glick interview
which had such "gems" as this:

O'Reilly: I don't want to debate world politics with you.

Glick: Well, why not? This IS about world politics.

O'Reilly: Because, number one, I don't care what you think.

Later, after the interview was forced to a close,
O'Reilly gave Glick some fatherly advice,
"Get out of my studio before I tear you to fucking pieces!"

The next evening O'Reilly spewed a mouthful of lies and distortions
about Glick's intentions - the cowardly way - without Glick being present
to defend himself.

I hate to be the turd in David's punchbowl,
but even after you get thru the rules of the contract
(that I'm sure have been carefully assembled - they have
had their fill of people trying to get attention), and succeed in
doing something "outrageous," your actions,
ultimately, become an empty statement.
Somewhat like what we say here in Texas: it's lipstick on a pig.

I think mIEKAL needs to ask himself
if he really wants to be well known for
something he did on television.

I think that's the crux of the whole idea.

Rod

---
Now playing: Eric Dolphy - God Bless the Child