sometimes I think John Bennett's poems are generated by a computer bot there are so many of them

On 1/12/06, John M. Bennett < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:41:48 -0600
From: andrew topel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

dear john,

hello, how are you today?  thank you for sharing these poems, they expand the make-up of my skull.
would you mind sharing the following press release information with your email list?  thank you.

TRAVEL OVER SINGED TERRAIN, by michelle greenblatt and android model 2006 topel is now available from avantacular press.  the chapbook is $4.  cash or checks made out to andrew topel can be sent to:

avantacular press
1 lakeview acres
rushville, il 62681

and below is an excerpt from the work:

Dead minute de-roots dead hour, dead word undoes dead language.
My rust-colored tongue digs for wood to ignite a species hymn.

We sink into 25,000 whispers.
Walking 10,000 fathoms under sea.

I found my face in the mortuary; I climbed out of
My mouth onto crackling insect wings. All around me air burst.

To the west, crawling on all fours, I begin
Coming closer to percolation; some alembic tears me south.

I was still the same facsimile the day they brought me home
In someone else's skin. When I smiled my teeth glowed halo bright.

Dr. John M. Bennett
Curator, Avant Writing Collection
Rare Books & Manuscripts Library
The Ohio State University Libraries