Yeah, all these podcasting mess is a bit buggy sometimes. But once you get an aggregator that reads the podcasts good, it is easy to get addicted. Really an aggregator is not any more complicated that an automated downloader of selected subscripted podcasts. Some people wants to call the aggregators for "podcast catchers" instead to demystifie this all podcast hype.

I have used Doppler, iTunes and Juice. I like Juice best (Juice was called iPodder before). It is for both PC and Mac. I am on PC but I guess it should be no worse problem with a mac.

/Björn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rod Stasick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <FLUXLIST@scribble.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: JOB_APP

On 1427Muharram 06, at 9:42 AM, Björn Eriksson wrote:

Don't know if this is what this question is about...
but
anyway, an easy way to get a podcast working very fast and hassle free is to use the Podomatic service. It is a free service (up to 250MB) and is up and running as fast as you can fill in the login data. Me myself has one located at http://miulew.podomatic.com/ You get a xml/rss adress. Also possible to upload movies. There might be other free podcast services that are better, but in my opinion this is very easy. Ask me questions if you get stuck, but I guess it won't be hard to follow the steps.
The start site is at http://www.podomatic.com/

Thanks Björn. No, not really a question - just venting frustrations
really.
The easy, easy, easy way is to just put some songs in a folder
and upload it - like this short (4+ minutes) of five Mieko Shiomi
Fluxus-related
pieces:

http://stasick.org/streams/fluxus.m3u

which comes out of your QuickTime like clarified butter

BUT, i picked up the new iLife 06 which has "enhanced" podcasting,
so I thought, "OK, great! I'll give *this* a try!" You can have the
audio coupled with
visuals and you can provide links to websites etc... - hence:
"enhanced."
It's even supposed to integrate with iWeb and blogging, and blah,
blah, blah...
BUT it's so buggy!...and definitely Beta!

So, I may go ahead with the simple way (as above) and just tell what
the tracks are.
Hell, by now, I could've just audiocast the whole thing for three
days straight and just told
people to listen whenever they could.

Anyway, onwards...

R~