Greetings all,
I was talking to my buddies at artcorps up in the Boston area. This is a non-profit set up by New England Bio Labs where most of the collage museum collection was shown in a large exhibition 2 years ago. Roger Falcon asked me to mention to everyone that they are currently taking applications for artists to spend about a year in Central America.

As experts in communication, artists can convey any message about health, protection of the environment, sustainable agriculture, or related topics by using their individual art disciplines as the tool. The idea is to have volunteer artists work within a non-governmental organization (NGO) in a developing country to help that NGO deliver their message more effectively.

The artist will involve local residents in the art project. For example, a performing artist volunteer could guide children to create skits about health issues, a visual artist could help women design embroidered cloths with environmental themes, etc.
http://collagemuseum.com/artcorp/ArtistPoster.pdf
Their website is here: http://artcorp.org