Check your timbuktu pro versions. So as long as your are using the latest releases of each, you should have no issues.

You may also want to try disabling the blank screen, lock screen, direct draw, hint provider and accelerated capture on windows. On the presentation side, "check" all of the disable/kill options for optimum performance.

I've used tb2 mac->pc to work on remote FMP for many years and have never had issues like this.

On Jul 4, 2007, at 5:00 PM, FMPRO-L automatic digest system wrote:

This may sound complicated but I'll try to describe the situation.
I've been running Timbuktu recently to access a client using one of my
solutions. We're getting crashes and I was wondering if anyone else has
experienced the same. There are no problems in modifying filemaker
through Timbuktu using Mac to Mac and PC to PC. However, when I use Mac to PC, where I'm accessing a workstation and filemaker is running from a server, everything is fine until I open a layout. Filemaker on the work station then 'crashes', that is, it locks up and cannot even be accessed by the host user. Filemaker on the workstation (that I'm accessing) has
to be shut down using PC's Cntrl Alt Delete option. As the workstation
is running the solution from a server it doesn't damage the program. I'm presuming that as I'm accessing a workstation computer there may be too
many 'links' that don't work in the network situation.
If I use Timbuktu on my PC to access the same workstation there is no
problem at all, only when I use my Mac to access that workstation.
As a matter of interest I did use filemaker 'remote' to access this
client but its just too slow. Using Timbuktu speeds up the process
dramatically, however, it does limit my ability causing some
modifications to be conducted out of normal working hours. For example
those modifications that require access to the field definitions etc
would require all users to shut down.

Reply via email to