Yes, you're going to have to replace the vertical tabs FileMaker uses to mark line endings and replace them with the return character (ascii 13). I think the ascii of the vertical tab is 11, so your script function might look like this:

on ReplaceReturns(x)
        set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {ASCII character 11}
        set textlist to text items of x
        set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {return}
        set newtext to textlist as string
        set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {""}
        return newtext
end ReplaceReturns

geoff

On Apr 24, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Joe wrote:

Hi All,
I'm using FMP 9.0v3 on a G5 Mac. When I copy text containing linefeeds and paste it into a FMP field, the text displays properly with line breaks in all the right places.

If I 'get' the text with AppleScript, the field displays no line endings. It looks like one big paragraph.

Is there a setting in FMP I'm missing that will allow FMP to properly display linefeeds 'gotten' with AppleScript? Or, do I need a search and replace in my AppleScript?

Thanks
Joe

Reply via email to