Thank you!

I will look at this carefully

Stan

At 10:43 AM -0600 4/25/2008, al jeffrey wrote:

I found this very useful:

http://www.filemaker.com/help/05-Create%20a%20database32.html

This tells you the syntax for linking file references to your database.

I made a database of video clips which were stored on a separate harddrive. For each record, I used a calculation field, with the video name. Then using an if then construction to determine win or mac. I made the result of the cacluation a container. Thus the database itself already had the linked information, so an open url was unnecessary.

Hope that helps.

Al Jeffrey


----- Original Message -----
From: Stanley Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, April 25, 2008 9:45 am
Subject: Open Remote Directory

 Hi all

 FMPSA 9 on a Mac, Mac and Windows clients

 I am trying to allow the user to easily access files that are
 being
 uploaded (using Lasso) and stored on a separate hard drive. My
 plan
 is to use the open URL function of FMP. When I have the hard drive
 mounted to my client Mac locally on the same subnet it works fine
 and
 the following link in a browser opens the folder with my uploads:

 file:///Volumes/DriveName/Location/uploads/

 When I am not on the local subnet it does not work even if the
 upload
 folder is mounted on my remote computer.

 Is there a trick to getting a browser to open a directory on a
 remote disk?

 Thank you in advance.

 Stan
 --
 ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
 Stanley S. Weber, Pharm.D., FASHP, BCPP
 Associate Dean for Professional Pharmacy Education
 University of Washington
 PO Box 357631
 Seattle, Washington 98195-7631

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (206) 616-8762 (voice)
 (206) 685-9297 (fax)



--
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Stanley S. Weber, Pharm.D., FASHP, BCPP
Associate Dean for Professional Pharmacy Education
University of Washington
PO Box 357631
Seattle, Washington 98195-7631

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(206) 616-8762 (voice)
(206) 685-9297 (fax)

Reply via email to