On 04/29/08 3:17 PM, "Andrew Kappy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in whole
or in part:

> I've created a calculated field to produce a result that should be a
> clickable HYPERLINK when exported to Excel:
> 
> Sample Result: =HYPERLINK("http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?
> tracknumbers=xxxxxxxxx","Click to Track")
> 
> When I export to Excel, and open in Excel, the field is not clickable
> as it should be. If I hand type the exact same text into Excel it
> works as it is supposed to.
> 
> When I export to CSV, and open in Excel, the field is clickable but
> not formatted in blue and underlined as it should be if hand typed in
> Excel. CSV exports also have the problem of no column headers.
> 
> Any suggestions?

This is the XML of the same cell:

    <Cell 
ss:Formula="=HYPERLINK(&quot;http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=xxxx
xxxxx&quot;,&quot;Click to Track&quot;)"
    ss:HRef="http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=xxxxxxxxx";><Data
    ss:Type="String">Click to Track</Data></Cell>

Maybe you can consider exporting to XML.

OR could you possibly using 'smart/curly quotes'? That would mess up the
equation, surely.

-- 
Beverly Voth                       Tier3 Data & Web Services Group, LLC
606-864-0041                            http://www.tier3web.com/xml.htm

               Web Design & Hosting * Apple: ACN & ADC
   Certified FileMaker 7 & 9 Developer * FileMaker Business Alliance
    Coldfusion, Witango, PHP, MS SQL, MySQL, FMP, XML/XSLT, CSS
   Over 14 years experience integrating databases and the internet!

Reply via email to