On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 03:35:19PM -0300, Juan Ignacio Trentalance
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Does anybody know a way to log everything a user types and sees on a ssh or
> telnet "console"?
>
> It's not that I am trying to violate the user's privacy, but that it is a
> very sensity server, and I want to be sure that some users do only what they
> are supposed to. These users will be notified.

Have a look at ttysnoop, it should do what you want for logins at the
console or via telnet. If you want it to work with SSH, you will need to
recompile sshd.

Be aware of the legal and ethical concerns here. Do make sure that you inform
your users that they are being monitored in this way.

Zeshan