Hi all,

I believe this is the appropriate group for this question, so here it
goes.

I would like to set up a linux based shell server for my "windows
friends" who would like to learn more about the linux/unix os and to
learn some shell scripting etc. I have 3+ years of linux
use/administration so I pretty much know what I am doing. I would set up
the box with ssh using public key authentication only (possibly
including ip addresses), no passwords. What I am looking for is possibly
a whitepaper or how-to on setting up a secure shell server. I have
looked on sans.org and linuxdoc.org but have come up empty.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a best practices whitepaper
or similar, I would appreciate it.