On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 06:01:36PM -0700, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
> Does anyone know of any definitive  study of the relative security of
> PGP6.5.8 vs. GnuPG 1.06

Don't worry about the crypto algorithms each uses. They are good enough
for most purposes.

Any security differences will come about through code errors. I don't
know if the source code to PGP is available, so you pretty much have to
take NAI's word that PGP is well-written. (Which is probably is.) The
source code to gpg is available, so at least you can read through the
code yourself, to see what you think of it. (I've heard it isn't real
pretty. Understanding German might help potential auditors. :)

Cheers

--
"In God we trust, all others we monitor."
 -- NSA, Intercept Operators's motto, 1970